"Flowers have always been an attractive piece of art by nature. They brighten up our gloomy days and add colors to our dull world."
Taichung City is an industrial city located in the West coast of Taiwan. It is also considered as the third largest city in Taiwan which is endowed with great historical background and stunning sceneries. The city is accessible through private cars, bus, and trains and is 160-170 kilometers away from Taipei City depending on your preferred route.
In this bustling city hides a more than 30-hectare of seemingly endless sea of flowers. From the moment you stepped on this ground, different kinds of flowers will welcome you – from usual kinds of flower to the flowers that you did not know exist. This flower display is one of the grandest and the most anticipated annual festivals in Taichung which runs during the autumn season (November to December). Flowers in their impermanence form have attracted locals and tourists from all over the world to visit the place.
Xinshe Sea of Flowers also offer its visitors a lot of attraction, not only flowers. They also have exhibits of the famous Taichung products especially FOOD! So once you’re here, you will never be hungry because there are a lot of food stalls in the place.
As you dive into the sea of flowers, you should also prepare yourselves to dive into the sea of crowd. I tell you, it will be a full-packed crowd accompanied with the blazing heat of the sun. So, it is highly recommended to go there on a weekday to avoid the flock of people to appreciate more the beauty of the place.
- Do bring water to hydrate yourselves from time to time. It is still a long journey inside if you want to see all the attractions!
- Do not forget your CAMERAS to capture all the exquisite beauty of the flowers.
- Know where to angle yourself for a perfect selfie shot. With the hundreds and thousands of people in the place, it is very difficult to get a shot that you always wanted (based from experience).
HOW TO GET THERE:
From Taipei Main Station, you can either take the following:
- By High Speed Rail Train which would take 1 hour for 700NTD (adult) and 350NTD (child).
- By Bus which would take 2 and a half hours for 260NTD (adult) and 155NTD (child).
From Taichung City, you have the following alternatives:
- By Private Car
- Take the 1 National Highway route -> No. 4 National Highway -> Exit to Fengyuan Interchange (豐原交流道) -> Turn left on Fengshi Road (豐勢路) -> Towards Dongshi (東勢) -> Continue to 129 County Road towards Xinshe -> Sea of flowers in Xinshe.
- By Public TransportationTake Fengyuan Bus No. 270, 271, 276, 277 in front of Taichung Railway Station to Zhongxingling, Xinshe District then a 30-minute walk to Sea of flowers in Xinshe.
- Take Fengyuan Bus No. 91 in front of Fenyuan Railway Station to Zhongxingling, Xinshe District then a 30-minute walk to Sea of flowers in Xinshe.
- Take shuttle bus in front of Fenyuan Railway Station going to the Sea of flowers in Xinshe (Available on weekends only).